National Association of MD-PhD Programs Mission Statement
The mission of the National Association of MD-PhD Programs is to advance the education, training and career development of physician-scientists, with an emphasis on training in MD-PhD programs. The Association promotes the development, growth, and nurturing of physician-scientists by representing the interests of MD-PhD programs and their students in the areas of predoctoral research and clinical training, and post-graduate career opportunities. Because of their shared missions, the activities of the National Association of MD-PhD Programs are expected to complement those of the AAMC Great Group MD-PhD Section, with the Association continuing to fulfill its historical role as an additional independent voice of the community of MD-PhD program directors and administrators.
- To facilitate and enhance the ability of institutions to improve human health through the education and training of physician-scientists.
- To advocate for the training of physician-scientists and the creation of attractive career opportunities for physician-scientists through meetings and informational exchange.
- To educate the public and policy makers about the contributions of physician-scientists to the discovery and translation of biomedical research into the understanding, prevention and treatment of disease.
- To meet the needs of the community of undergraduates who seek to become physician-scientists.
- To foster the development of new MD-PhD Training Programs and the improvement of existing MD-PhD Training Programs